Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

One Year of Coiling for Lyme

Today makes exactly one year that I started coiling for Lyme Disease. When I first got the coil machine, I was dealing with a kidney stone. So after one trial of 15 seconds, I had to give up for a month until I got the stone removed.

I started over again on Febrary 4, 2011. At first, I tried a few seconds at a time. When that didn’t cause a frightening reaction (mostly chest constriction that lasted up to a few hours), I started experimenting. I used it on my limbs. I coiled the same spot over and over. Or I tried one body part after another. I watched to see how my body reacted.

Then I got more focused on coiling my abdomen, which is where I heard most of the bacteria live. A little bit went a long way. 30 seconds or a minute caused a multi-day herx. I moved my coiling location to my lower back because that is where I think my most concentrated area of infection is located. I had a bigger herx from my back than my abdomen for the same number of minutes coiling. So I waited between herxes before I coiled again, sometimes up to 3 weeks.

That first period of coiling was shortly after I stopped taking antibiotics. I didn’t quite know what to expect. So I kept on course all the way through September. I was really nervous about increasing my coiling time. I didn’t want to deal with the kind of herxes that could knock me out for a week or more. However, after I talked to someone about an aggressive coiling program, I decided to take the plunge.

I increased the amount of minutes I coiled and the number of body parts I coiled over the course of a few weeks in October, until I covered every body part for 3 minutes. I was herxing more. I was also detoxing a lot more, so the herxes weren’t as bad as I expected them to be. (Which is to say I had a good day a week, sometimes two, when I wasn’t in bed or in severe pain for most of the day.)

I spread out the coiling over my body throughout a week, knowing that the Lyme bateria grow slowly, and I didn’t have to worry about them bouncing back before I took another shot at them. (Full Lyme Coiling Protocol)

By the end of December, the herxes diminished and I was starting to feel more like a human being than like a Lyme-zombie. What a change!

I took a break from coiling for Lyme for three weeks in January as I had no symptoms.

As the year comes to a close, Lyme season and Lyme coiling season have begun again. I’m starting at the full coiling schedule and hoping for the best.

But did it work?

Last year I had just started doing yoga as I started with the coil machine. I went once a week and needed 5 days to recover. In most classes, I would take a break part way to do child’s pose and rest until I could get up again. Several times, my blood pressure dropped causing me to get light headed. A few other times, my heart started racing uncontrollably. I had so much pain in my joints that there were many poses I couldn’t do. This past week, I went twice and was able to do almost everything or nearly each full pose, with only one rest beyond what the whole class was doing.

Meanwhile, I still had to plan my whole day around whether or not I was going for a walk outside. Even a short walk was enough to use up all my energy for the day. If I did that, then I couldn’t do dishes or cook or hang out with friends or much of anything at all. Now I can walk further and still do something else the same day.

Back then, I had a lot of pajama days.

I had all sorts of problems with my joints. I had daily headaches. I had digestive problems that have definitely diminished with the use of the coil machine. I used to be nauseated on an almost daily basis. My blood pressure was low, even with florinef, a steroid that is used to increase blood pressure. Now, no florinef, and only occasionally a low blood pressure day.

If anyone asks, I would say that the coil machine has taken me way beyond where I got with antibiotics. In part, it allowed me to reduce the infection, just like antibiotics did. But it did so without destroying my intestines and taxing my liver. So I am able to absorb nutrients to rebuild my body and use my liver to get out the Lyme toxins.

It is working. I’m not at the end, but I’m well on my way.


  • Candida, chest, 2 minutes; abdomen, 10 minutes
  • Bartonella, chest, 2 minutes; abdomen, 5 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • brisk walk
  • rest
  • a plate full of water cress
  • kombucha


I had enough energy to do a little today, but I kept things low key. I’m trying not to overdo it after a day of yoga. I could tell I was tired, but not exhausted.

I had a small headache most of the day. My appetite is low but my thirst is very strong. I’ve had floaters in my vision the second half of the day. I’ve had some back pain, but not too bad.

I’ve had PMS symptoms: cramps in my lower abdomen, slow digestion with rocky stools, breast pain and swelling, abdominal swelling. These symptoms started way before my period and don’t bode well for its arrival.

I used the computer for quite a while to input the data needed to make the graph above. Now my shoulders, neck, elbows and wrists hurt. My body hasn’t healed enough for me to use the computer for any decent length of time. I guess there is still more to go.


Categories: using the coil machine

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.