Tomorrow morning, I’m going to the hospital to have the kidney stone removed. I’ve been trying and trying to convince it to come out on its own. So far, the only thing that seems to have moved it at all was the two acupuncture treatments I got today and yesterday. Yesterday I could feel it move. On an ultrasound today, it had moved quite a bit. It was much less invasive that the catheter approach. I only wish I had tried it sooner. Unfortunately, with only two treatments, the stone has not completely evacuated my ureter and my kidney is swelled up.
I’m looking forward to starting the coil again, probably in a week’s time. Someone asked on another of my posts why I put in on hold for the kidney problem. Mostly I’m trying to be gentle with my body. I’m a little too skilled at overdoing it, and I’m trying to find a way to meet my body where it’s at. My kidney is apparently under stress from not being able to evacuate, so I ended up with a urinary tract infection. Doing the coil gave me a Herx that needed a few days to clear out, so I didn’t want to put my body through that again with only one working kidney. I imagine that if they had both been working when I coiled the first two times, the Herx might have cleared up faster. Who knows? I’ll find out when I start up again if it makes any difference.
In the meantime, I’m going to wait until I can tell I’ve recovered from the procedure (then wait two more days just to be sure) before I begin again.
The part of me that was trained as a scientist says that it is better to take it one step at a time so I know what activity is causing what reaction. I have two goals when I start again: one is to see how the coil affects my symptoms, the other is to figure out which ways of supporting the detoxification process work best for me.
I appreciate the encouragement to forge ahead. I know there are doubters out there, who think antibiotics (maybe with holistic additions) are the only way to cure Lyme. So my thanks to all who read this, support my efforts, and send their love.