Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

Rearranging my schedule

As I increase the amount of time I coil, I need to do it in several sessions over the course of the day. This should be pretty simple, as I have a lot of unscheduled time. Of course the reason for all the unscheduled time is that I’m regularly not well enough to do much. When I can do something, I go for it.

The new plan for coiling is as follows:

  • Candida between breakfast and lunch
  • Bartonella between lunch and dinner (every other day–this will also be the Lyme slot occasionally)
  • Babesia before bed

I chose this model because Babesia is the one that gives me the most immediate reaction, often a headache or heart palpitations. So I prefer to do it before bedtime so I can sleep through the pain.

Candida doesn’t seem to be very dramatic. Bartonella is variable. Lyme causes a delayed reaction, delayed by days, so the time of day I coil doesn’t matter.

The other parts of my schedule I’m paying attention to are when I write blog posts and when I see friends. I’m writing earlier in the day, even though I don’t post until before bedtime because I want to make sure the symptom list is complete. I’m trying to see friends more often because I felt kind of isolated when I was dealing with the family crisis that took up a large part of my energy. Most friends are available after work, so that’s another reason to do the blog posts earlier.

On good days, I try to do other things, like maintaining the apartment, cooking, or going down the list of things I either want or need to do. If I check off 2 or 3 from my list in one day, that’s a really good day.


The test of the alternate Babesia frequency was a failure. I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn’t coiled enough for Babesia yesterday–as in very tired. I’m going back to my original plan and increasing a minute at a time every few days, including today. Coiling gave me a lump in my throat.

Meanwhile, I added a new location to coil for Bartonella. My plan is to eventually cover my whole body with the coil. For now, I’ve got my abdomen covered. Today I added my chest. I thought that the vast majority of Bartonella bacteria grow in the abdomen, so I didn’t think twice about coiling 2 minutes on my chest on the first day I added it to the sequence. Whoa baby! I gave myself a searing headache, complete with a dizzy/tipsy feeling and altered vision, and a big lump in my throat. Talk about an immediate Herx! Although I’ll stick to that length of time for the next Bartonella coiling session, I’m going to be more careful when I add my head to the sequence.

  • Bartonella, abdomen, 5 minutes; chest, 2 minutes
  • Babesia, chest, 3 minutes 30 seconds; liver, 3 minutes 30 seconds
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes


I finished the homeopathic remedy, Hepatik, today. I’m going to take a break for a few days from the homeopathic remedies. Soon I’ll probably start one for my intestines and maybe try different ones for my liver and kidneys. Those can wait to let the ones I’ve recently finished complete their actions.

  • homeopathic support
  • kombucha
  • juiced greens
  • skin brushing
  • BioMat
  • castor oil pack on abdomen


I had a mild night sweat last night. I woke up with foot pain (Bartonella?) that made me not want to stand up.

This morning was mostly about fatigue and muscle pain, most likely from yesterday’s yoga class. The fatigue was most noticeable when I was standing or walking around the apartment. I forced myself to go for a walk around the block in the afternoon (taking advantage of the gorgeous weather) and I really felt the muscle aches and fatigue as I yearned to lie down. The muscle pain has continued to bother me all evening.

I’ve had a lot of joint pain all day, which I assume is the Lyme Herx working it’s way through my body. But just in case it’s the Lyme getting  more active, I’m planning on coiling tomorrow if the Bartonella Herx isn’t too bad come morning. The joints that hurt the most are my knees, shoulders, wrists, hands and jaw. On the right side, the pain in my jaw is climbing into my ear.  At one point this evening, I noticed tingling in my left arm.

The initial reaction to coiling for Bartonella lasted about 3 hours. When the dizziness got intense, I lay down for a half hour nap. When I woke up, the lump in my throat was gone. I still have intense floaters, an altered sense of vision (unfortunately not the kind that could turn me into a superhero) and a headache that is getting more intense again as the night progresses.


Categories: healing process, Herx reactions, using the coil machine

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 replies

  1. Have you tried any homeopathic remedies for Bartonella, Lyme, or Viruses? I went to a naturopath and he recommended I take a Bart remedy and a Multiple Viruses remedy. What do you think of them? Thanks, Rose.

    • Thanks for asking, especially since I mention homeopathic formulas pretty often. I’ve steered towards formulas that support a particular organ rather than a disease. My naturopath had me read a book about homeopathy from which I gathered that what homeopathic remedies do best is to strengthen the person, not combat an illness. I’ve stopped all my formulas for a while anyway to do a constitutional homeopathic remedy. So I guess the answer to your question is, no I haven’t tried remedies for Lyme or co-infections.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.