Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

A Touch of Humanity

I’ve had countless medical tests since the Lyme Disease adventure started in earnest, never mind the tests for the mysterious problems in the years before that. The majority of tests were performed by perfectly nice, competent people who saw me as a body needing testing. On some special occasions, I’ve run into medical technicians who saw me as a person, not just a body. Yesterday was such a day.

I had two radiology tests to see what happened to my second kidney stone and to make sure my body isn’t producing more of them. First I had a renal ultrasound, then a KUB x-ray.

I met the ultrasound technician, Javier, first. That’s right, he introduced himself by name, looked me in the eye and shook my hand. He also smiled a slightly embarrassed smile as we entered the exam room. I started by taking off my sandals. It’s just something I do. I don’t like to wear shoes when I’m lying down. The action threw him off. He laughed a little and said my shoes wouldn’t be in the way.

I got on the table. I was wearing a skirt and shirt, knowing what part of my body would need to be bare for the sonogram camera. We talked a little about why I was there, what the pictures looked like in January (he had copies on his screen for comparison), just chatting. Then he asked if I think I passed the stone. I hadn’t.

“Well, to tell you the truth, I’ve been taking an herbal supplement that’s supposed to dissolve kidney stones.”

“Really. Do you think it worked?”

“Hopefully that’s what you’ll tell me.”

“How do you know it’s safe?”

The conversation continued like that as I shifted positions and he took pictures. He showed me a few things on the screen. I asked questions. Then he asked when I last urinated. Not knowing I was supposed to start with a full bladder, I’d emptied it about 10 or 15 minutes before we started. Of course, with the amount I drink, it was filling up. He put the camera against my bladder.

“There’s enough in there for me to do a before and after set on your bladder. You probably don’t have to go just yet, but after I take these pictures, hopefully you’ll be able to.”

“Well if you keep pushing down on my bladder like that, I’m gonna have to go now!”

He chuckled. Then I laughed, a full belly laugh that made him laugh even harder. He had to pick up the camera and hold it away from me because we were both laughing so hard. Once we regained our composure, he took the pictures and I left the room to go to the bathroom.

On the way back, I heard his interactions with his co-workers. So I asked him about the what it was like to work at the clinic and he gave me a beautifully honest answer. So I told him about what happened last time (with 4 technicians coming in to try to get a clear image and having to find a different camera attachment). He told me how cooperative and friendly the staff is with each other. In a certain way, I could see how that atmosphere makes it easier for patients like me.

Javier is about my height, probably in his mid-twenties, shaved head and a bit of scruff like he’s growing in a beard. He was gentle with the camera and careful with the way he used the towel and gel on my abdomen.

As he was escorting me to the x-ray area, I told Javier the secret benefit to the kidney stone treatment: it’s making my hair stop falling out. He reached up and rubbed his head.

“So where can I get some?”

The x-ray technicians were equally friendly, though the interactions were much shorter because the procedure is quicker. Again, I got the impression that they saw me, not just an abdomen to x-ray.

I liked going there. What I liked even more is that my kidneys are back to their normal size (no official results, just guessing based on something Javier said). If only all medical experiences could be this pleasant.



  • Bartonella, chest, 2 minutes; abdomen, 5 minutes
  • Babesia, ilium, 1 minute each side; knees/elbows, 1 minute; liver, 5 minutes; chest, 5 minutes
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes; chest, 2 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • kombucha
  • juiced greens
  • nap


I can’t seem to sleep more than 6 hours, or at least that’s what it feels like. Then I’m tired during the day. I had a mild morning sweat, in my sleep, just before I woke up, necessitating a shirt change when I got out of bed.

My hands and legs hurt a lot in the morning. It was a dull pain in some places, and a prickly pain almost coating the skin of my limbs.

No diarrhea yesterday. Still copious, rather soft stools, that seem out of proportion to what I’m eating.

I was okay enough to get up for the day. I had pain in my lumbar spine for most of the day. I had pain in my right ear, too. The light sensitivity was there, but severely reduced by my enormous sunglasses.

Last night, I gave up on writing because I got a pretty intense headache on the top of my head which lasted until I fell asleep.

Today (Saturday)


I’m trying to coil more often for Lyme. It’s been about a week, so it’s time again. This week, I’ll try to remember to take Welchol when the headache comes on.

  • Lyme, lower back, 5 minutes
  • Babesia, ilium, 1 minute each side; knees/elbows, 1 minute; liver, 5 minutes; chest, 5 minutes
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes; chest, 2 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • walk in the sunshine
  • nap
  • lemon water


I slept almost 8 hours. What a relief. Daytime naps are the best for getting back on track.

Still, I was tired and lethargic, restless and unfocused, all day. I got myself outside for a walk, only to get spasm in the paraspinal muscles of my mid back. That put a dent in the rest of my afternoon. So I ate and napped and got nothing done.

My shoulders are bothering me today. They are more crepitant than in the past few days.

Still a lot of pain in my right ear.

My appetite is okay, but way smaller than the solids leaving my body. I assume that the homeopathic remedy is still causing a major shake-up in there and forcing its detox process.


Categories: healing process, using the coil machine

Tags: , , , , ,

1 reply

  1. I’m glad you had a good experience at your appointment. I find those kind of encounters increasingly rare these days. I guess it’s just a function of our medical system. Sad.

    Just got back from a family camping trip. You were on my mind a lot, needless to say. You might think I was nervous after reading your blog, but just the opposite was true. Thank you for increasing my awareness.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.