Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

Friends vs Tasks

My desk is a mess. I have a list as long as my arm of phone calls to make. I need to deal with my finances, my big stack of mail, emails to return, the dishes, and the list goes on. I spent yesterday recovering from my trip. The plan was to tackle all that stuff today.

Instead, I got a phone call at around noon that a friend was going to be in the neighborhood. So I did what absolutely had to be done today (like picking up my meds from the pharmacy) and I spent the afternoon shooting the breeze with her. It was the best choice I made today.

Back when I was working, before this illness completely took over my body and my life, I worked a lot. I spent way too much time taking care of things in my office, followed by things at home. I didn’t spend enough time hanging out with people or nurturing my soul.

As I’ve started to get well and have some capacity to do things during the day, it’s been tricky to figure out my priorities. It was with determined intention that I planned lots of time with people this summer so that I wouldn’t get lost in my to-do list. After this weekend, all the social time will wind down. I’ll probably start on my to-do list. And I’ll make my health the number one activity that everything else is centered around. I’m planning to be vigilant that I don’t let the to-do list take over my life, or even make me stay up late to finish things off.

I want to believe that I’m over acting like I did before I was sick, but I can feel the pull of productivity, even in my limited capacity to be productive these days. So that will be part of managing the fall, unless this Lyme flare gets a lot worse and I can’t be at all productive.


  • Lyme, lower back, 5 minutes
  • Babesia, ilium, 1 minute each side; knees/elbows, 1 minute; liver, 5 minutes; chest, 5 minutes
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes; chest, 2 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • kombucha
  • juiced greens
  • walk outside in the sunshine
  • welchol


Night sweat last night. I was pretty overheated even though the room temperature wasn’t too high.

Woke up achy and mopey and missing people. I took it slowly in the morning. I was okay going for a walk midday, but I was better off lying on the couch for a long time afterward (while chatting it up with my friend).

I have some light sensitivity and eye pain with a mild to moderate headache which fluctuated over the course of the day. It got a lot worse right after I coiled for Babesia.

The rash on my chest is getting worse and worse (as in itchy for more of the day). I finally picked up the anti-fungal cream my doctor prescribed and I’m starting it tonight.

My hip joints are achy tonight. Otherwise, it wasn’t a bad day physically. Not bad at all.


Categories: healing process

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.