Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

Asking for Help

I saw the cardiologist today. The short version is that I’m still coming off florinef. I have two doses left at half strength this week. Then I’m done. I go through withdrawal and see him again two weeks from now to decide if my body has stabilized in a way that doesn’t require drug intervention.

The more important thing that happened today is that my doctor reminded me that I should contact him when it comes to drugs that affect my cardiovascular system. I forget this. I think I have to wait for an appointment to talk to a doctor. This comes from growing up going to an overcrowded HMO where doctors didn’t have time to talk on the phone.

I’m still unlearning this habit. I have a hard time asking for help anyway. I think I’m a bother or a burden to anyone in the medical field who has to deal with my daily problems, even if I only ask them to deal with the problems occasionally.

So my cardiologist asked me to call him if I have any issues over the next two weeks. He did so with humor and without blame, but firmly, reminding me that he actually cares what happens to me and wants to make things go well in my healing process.

I felt a little sheepish. I disappeared for two years, from summer 2009 to this past summer. I just didn’t go. While I wasn’t seeing him (mostly because I gave up on all appointments unrelated to antibiotic treatments during that time) I started taking a drug he was trying to give me for the year before that when I saw him every other month. Then when I came back, my heart was fine and I was finally doing what he asked. A month later, I changed everything around, for good reasons, and I still hadn’t kept him in the loop.

As the medical system collapses, it’s hard to remember that we, patients, get to have trusting relationships with the doctors we choose to work with. I’m still working on it. It helps that I do trust this doctor and want to work with him. So I’m willing to make more of an effort on my part to rely on him, even if it means I have to push through my desire to make all the decisions on my own.


Day 2 of my new Lyme plan. This time it’s my lower abdomen and hip area.

  • Babesia, ilium, 1 minute each side; knees/elbows, 1 minute; liver, 5 minutes; chest, 5 minutes; shoulder blades, 30 seconds each; shoulders, 30 seconds; feet, 1 minute; central back, 1 minute
  • Lyme, lower abdomen (over bladder), 3 minutes; ilium, 2 mins each side; hips/outer thighs, 2 mins each;  sacrum, 1 minute
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes; chest, 2 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • kombucha
  • juiced greens
  • diatomaceous earth
  • nap
  • BioMat (slept on it overnight at level 2)


I had a bad night. Just as I went to bed, I got a really bad pain in my back and I got cold. It took 2 hours to fall asleep, even though I moved to the biomat one hour after the problems began.

I sweated some in my sleep. I didn’t notice until morning when I got up and my back was soaked.

I woke up and stood up too fast, got light-headed, my heart started pounding and racing. I’ve had a mild pain in my chest all day.

I’m in pain in a lot of my muscles and joints. I think yoga opened things up yesterday. I’m popping and crackling a lot in my shoulders, neck, knees, and hips.

My lower back hurts, especially my sacrum.

I needed a nap when I got back from the doctor today. It was a 15 minute walk in each direction. That’s about what I could stand, given I’m so tired from coming off florinef and not sleeping right.

Heading to bed soon…


Categories: healing process, iatrogenic complications

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.