Coiling for Lyme

Trying to cure one case of Lyme Disease

Food fight

Some days I have no appetite. My cardiologist asked about this, probably in reference to coming off florinef. He firmly told me I need to eat. I already know. Most days, I have three meals and a snack or two. I force the meals if necessary. I eat the snacks if I’m even vaguely hungry.

Today was one of the days when I failed. Between the florinef and the Lyme Herx building up, I have very little appetite. I sort of wanted food at around 2:30pm and settled on nuts. But my only real meals were breakfast and dinner. Not good.

It’s a lot to juggle. I don’t do all my detoxing every day. I can’t manage my diet quite right. I’m focused on making sure I get all my coiling sessions in. And as much as my body forces me to, I rest. I even fight resting sometimes to do all the things that get put on hold…

So eating can be a fight I wage with my appetite and my recurrent nausea and my fatigue and the refrigerator. Most days I win. But today’s battle was a draw at best.


Day 4 in the new Lyme plan, my back. I think there is a ton of Lyme in my spine. I’m doing a lot on it even though I’m already Herxing after last night’s session. I might be in bad shape tomorrow, but that’s why I cleared up my autumn.

  • Babesia, ilium, 1 minute each side; knees/elbows, 1 minute; liver, 5 minutes; chest, 5 minutes; shoulder blades, 30 seconds each; shoulders, 30 seconds; feet, 1 minute; central back, 1 minute; low back, 1 minute
  • Lyme, sacrum and low back, 5 minutes; mid back, 2 minutes; upper back, 2 minutes
  • Candida, abdomen, 10 minutes; chest, 2 minutes


  • skin brushing
  • welchol (1 dose, 2 pills)
  • diatomaceous earth
  • BioMat (1 hour, level 3)


I was up late last night. Post coiling, I had a big emotional surge. I couldn’t get to sleep until almost 2am. Then I woke up exactly at 8:30 this morning. Sleeping while Herxing doesn’t work quite right.

I woke up with fairly intense back pain all up and down my spine and paraspinal muscles. I stayed in bed for a long time doing yoga stretches to get the blood flow going in my back. After breakfast, I landed on the biomat for an hour, still in pain, but with more blood flow to the areas of pain.

I’ve been a tired wreck since then, not able to nap and not able to wake up enough to really get anything done. These are the rough days. I keep reminding myself that everything that seems incredibly difficult now will clear up in a few days, after the Herx is over and I’ll do what I need to in short order.

My appetite is low and I’ve been nauseated each time I eat.

I’ve had a headache and light sensitivity and eye pain most of the day. My ears and jaw hurt, so do my cheek bones. My shoulders are cracking and my body overall has a moderate level of pain, like a hum in the background. I want to escape this phase and be at the next one and I keep reminding myself that the only way out is through.

The urinary tract problems are still there. My urine smells like Lyme detox. My chest is still itchy, but slightly less, as I’ve been taking grapefruit seed extract for 3 days in a row now.

I took a half dose of florinef today, as recommended by my cardiologist. Probably a good idea since everything else is going wrong. I’m supposed to skip tomorrow and take the last dose Saturday. I’m reserving the right to make this the last dose, depending on whether I’m well enough to go through withdrawal Saturday or if I think I need to wait another day.


Categories: healing process, Herx reactions

Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.